Problems that can be helped with psychodynamic treatment.
- Sleep Disorders (insomnia or poor concentration)
- Somatoform Disorders – unexplained physical symptoms such as stomach/headaches; racing heart, irritable bowel, dizziness, fibromyalgia, or chronic fatigue syndrome
- Anxiety Disorders (obsessive thoughts or compulsive actions OCD) (panic attacks; recurring nightmares)
- Mood Disorders (depression, dysthymia, bi-polar)
- Impulse Control Disorder (temper outbursts, kleptomania, gambling)
- Substance Disorders (dependency on alcohol or drugs)
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia)
- Psychic Disorders (schizophrenia)
- Unexplained fertility issues; relationship difficulties, an inability to move forward or cope with life
- Gender issues
- Relationship issues – in personal and work life, between parents and children
When is Psychoanalysis Indicated?
Problems that can be helped.
Is Psychoanalysis Effective?