What really happens when a new baby comes into a family? A positive start has a great deal to do with understanding how infants and their mothers become emotionally ‘connected’ to each other, even before birth. This course explores the ways parents come to understand both their own and their baby’s psychological and emotional needs during this new phase of life with a focus on supporting positive emotional development in babies and parents.
- Group for 8 to 10 mothers with babies under 12 months of age
- 8 weeks in length
- Ideas explored:
- how to add an extra dimension that leads to satisfaction and self esteem
- how to enhance development of trust, adaptability, resiliency, assertion and cooperation in your child.
- how to pave the way for your child to become a responsible helper, a good friend to others, a self-motivated learner
- how to help your child become successful in meeting life’s many challenges.
- Based on the book “Emotional Muscle” by Kerry Kelly Novick & Jack Novick, PhD